Community zkApps Ideas (formerly snapps)

But it seems obvious to me that whoever builds this will want to make it so that a user only has to do the KYC-proof creation flow once, to be used on many websites.

1 Like

i think zkPass intends to incorporate the zkOracle identify function into a wallet, which could both be an app or a plugin, and that would have the functionalities you described.

1 Like

Yeah I bet that there’ll actually be many people jumping to build things like this once it’s possible! The opportunities are just huge

2 Likes

Thanks for the info @gregor it is very interesting to see how it might look in practice and appreciate the clarity in your replies…

It seems to be something that has huge potential I wonder should this be the kind of thing that the core O1 / MF team could work on or at least assist in funding or supporting the developers of ZKpass somehow?

Would be great to get some feedback from (ANY) of @o1brad @bkase @evan @o1emre.

zkpass devs are in the Snapps Builders Program, so they are being supported by O1 and MF.

2 Likes

Awesome. really excited about the potential of this Snapp. Great work!

You can piggy back on any third party that already KYCs their users and exposes this information, eg Gemini REST API Reference

1 Like

This seems to be of interest to Mina Protocol. The L2 mentioned in the tweet is Starkware, btw.

I don’t know if it’s feasible, it would be more of a core feature, it would be interesting to find a mechanism that limits price manipulation by whales. Someone was talking about lending which is fashionable with collateral. The thing is that on this kind of product I have the impression that our loan is very risky because it is very exposed to the fluctuations of the whales. the solution is not obvious but it would be great it seems to me. a fair solution

Has anyone ever think about how the zkApps could make possible a paywall suitable for MINA and maybe other crypto ? Here is an basic tool for paywall with BTC that the zkApps could maybe surpass : Products | SatoshiPay

The paywall is one of the most useful and widespread feature in web 2 (on Soundcloud, Spotify, Tradingview, Patreon, Netfix, etc.) but it is still under-connected to blockchains and so the offer is almost nil for a demand that is already here and will not stop growing. In fact, it seems to me that NFTs are based on purchase contracts (acquisition without a time limit), while the paywall works like a rental or subscription contract (access within a time limit), so a paywall is a vector for this huge part of economic interactions (rental, subscription) for which blockchains do not yet offer users anything special.

Many people use wordpress to be able to create a paywall with Shopify, Stripe, Paypal, etc. So wouldn’t wordpress be one of the intersting targets for a paywall with MINA ? It’s not necessary about canceling the centralized intermediaries (Shopify, Stripe, Paypal) for the paywall but it’s about adding the zkApps process/tools which could makes decentralized payment possible with MINA and perhaps other cryptos. As I’m not a developer or coder but just a basic user I don’t know how complicated it is to build.

2 Likes

Not an idea, but a thought…I personally would like to think MINA zkApps not just in isolation, but with the ability to integrate cross chain. Like for example how a MINA ZKP could be utilised to prove a fact on ethereum smart contract using the MINA-ETH bridge. I think MINA should not necessarily clone every dApp on eth , but find ways to enhance them , the synergy is what i find exciting.

3 Likes

Something that occurred to me today, I downloaded the McDonalds App on my phone and during covid times I have taken to ordering a coffee and then picking it up at the drive through to avoid unnecessary money exchanges etc. So when I arrive at McDonalds the App gives me a code which i give to the person at the speaker.

They confirm my order and then say thanks ‘Pete’, which is great and friendly, but in this world of data privacy I wonder if the person working at McDonalds should be knowing my name along with my car registration number?

I don’t think McDonalds are too worried if they know my name at all and I am sure there is a way to do it without disclosing my name to the operator, but if there was an adaptable zkApp solution that was the bridge before interactions gave away personal information in these kinds of situations (even maybe before the McDonalds app) then I think it would be very popular from an end user perspective.

EG, in a similar way to a doorman at a nightclub doesn’t really need to see your ID, just a proof that you have it.

I think it is ZkP’s greatest use case from a mass adoption perspective but I know the challenge is to make some kind of standardised solution that can be adapted easily to integrate with multiple apps/ databases / kyc etc.

2 Likes