I suggest that we should consider designing a new tokenomic model for Mina

I suggest that we should consider creating a new tokenomic model for Mina to better capture the value of the mina ecosystem.
With zkapps soon to be launched on the Mina mainnet, the Mina ecosystem will see a wider range of applications. Therefore, it is crucial for us to develop a new tokenomic model for Mina to better capture the value of the ecosystem, thereby enhancing the value of the Mina token.
If we do not establish a tokenomic model that captures the value of the ecosystem, we may face a situation similar to that of the Cosmos ecosystem. Despite the thriving development of the Cosmos ecosystem, the governance mechanism is too dispersed, leading to a lack of direct connection between the prosperity of the ecosystem and the value of the Atom token. As a result, the price of Atom is unable to gain effective support. Therefore, we should start designing a Mina tokenomic model that captures the value of the ecosystem as soon as possible to avoid potential obstacles in the future, such as the rejection of the Atom 2.0 proposal when attempting to change the tokenomic model.

1 Like

Need somes changes I agree

1 Like

(bug-report) "> ">

1 Like

Hello @inthestrongwind

Thank you for raising and contributing to the bigger vision of Mina and it’s ecosystem! It’s great to see some viewpoints that reflect on other ecosystems along with DAO-orientated structuring.

Just so we can learn more, when you say that “the governance mechanism is too dispersed, leading to a lack of direct connection between the prosperity of the ecosystem and the value of the Atom token” are you able to provide more detail to explain your concern.

And likewise with your last point, can you share with us more in detail why exactly the Atom 2.0 proposal was rejected?

“Therefore, we should start designing a Mina tokenomic model that captures the value of the ecosystem as soon as possible to avoid potential obstacles in the future, such as the rejection of the Atom 2.0 proposal when attempting to change the tokenomic model.”

1 Like

Value accrual for the token would be important to bring attention for the ecosystem and consequently users and developers.
There are several models used by other L1s with fixed inflation to pay for staking rewards and partial or total burning of transaction fees

1 Like