Updating Mina’s planned inflation and block reward schedule from the original tokenomics

I support these changes.

2 Likes

I support the alternative schedule too.

2 Likes

I think the POS mechanism can introduce the mode of privacy stable coin. Every time a mina token is generated, a privacy stable coin will be generated, and a mina token will be destroyed at the same time. This can not only curb high inflation, but also maintain the threshold of 82.5% and ensure network security

1 Like

The discussion is ok, but we should understand that if any body invest today after one year mean completion of 24 month his value will reduce by almost 40 % if market cap is not changed then who will invest , rather he will wait to unlock all the token at least up to 24 month. So I request the devs to reconsider the issue and save our investment. In every projects early investors are rewarded but here early investors are punished by capital depreciation. I have invested almost six month ago and have loose almost 65% of value with almost same market cap.

1 Like

in all cases as in all these staking models the richer you are the more you earn. I may be the only one to think that being poor but I would find it interesting to revolutionize this point. the goal being it time to have a maximum of nodes connected to the network. if you are very rich to earn a lot you would need a large infrastructure with lots of nodes, which would be more tedious but more beneficial for the network. in the current state of this model you put your suitcase of tickets on a server and the job is done, it’s not great for my taste.

Someone with 100 coins should be as lucky as a whale with 1m coins to hit the jackpot. it would be a more popular and equitable solution.

Their chances are exactly same as their token amount. Anyone with 1m coins doesn’t earn more because they have 1m everyone takes same % since it’s all relies on vrf. So if I have 1 million mina and I earn 100k and someone else have 100k mina than he earns 10k. If 100k holder also earn 100k than that’s extra inflation and unfair to every other holder.

I am not supportive of any pos mechanism but that’s what we have.

Thanks for clarification.

" The opportunity to produce a block for a slot is determined by a verifiable random function (VRF). This function can be thought of as a lottery. Each block producer independently runs this VRF for each slot, and if they get an output greater than a threshold proportional to the producer’s stake, they have the chance to produce a block at the designated slot."

Staking Service Guidelines link from discord helped me to understand (a little) :slight_smile:

Hello, would you consider any change about staking? I believe it would be much better having a period needed to unstake our tokens, few days or weeks. This it would show that all the staked tokens are for a long term run, with any effect this would have.

I support the alternative schedule.

@Darko

People including the VCs like 3 arrows don’t invest for utilitarian purposes, Mina and crypto in general is akin to a stock. People’s end goal is to see a substantial ROI. Heavy dilution works against that and will only harm adoption in the long run because developers also want a strong financial incentive to build on blockchains. I understand your point and respectfully disagree, price appreciation is too important to ignore.

2 Likes

Evan, this is a very good idea. Even 1.2 billion coins is a lot. But it’s better than infinite. The best tokenomics is 300-500 million coins.

I see that nothing has moved on this topic since the idea was conceived. Hence my question - will there be any change at all? One loses all the time on such a large supply, which is why as an initial investor I lose all the time. Since the ICO, the supply has increased more than 2.5 times. Staking does nothing here. Is Mina preparing some big move or forget about this project?

Is anyone here still alive?

1 Like

I completely agree with you, we have been waiting for this for a very long time, need to do it ASAP

inflation is practically killing the token and nobody is doing anything

2 Likes

I agree with you! I hope it will happen soon