Increase validators fee

Hi,
I would like to discuss a way how we could make validators receiving only MF delegation (now only from 1 account as the validator list was extended) profitable. Based on the last cycle remediation, average validator should earn 1300 MINA in 3 months (which is based on 9/08/2022 conversion rate ~280 USD per month).
Majority runs at least 3 dedicated servers so profit is just enough to cover server rent.

May I suggest to increase validators fee from 5% to 10% and not sound greedy?

2 Likes

Find a better host provider rather than changing the fee. If you are paying 90$ per month for a dedicated server you are being ripped off

Well, before saying that you need to know my specs right?
For example Hetzner 8 CPU, 64GB would cost you ~70 USD. And for other DC like Vultr, OVH it’s even more. And I’m not gonna switch to lower specs for savings.

Actually, Hertzler is not an option anymore they clearly stated they ban all crypto-related operations and terminate the existing users at some future date. You can see the details here and follow up https://twitter.com/Hetzner_Online/status/1563083561975984130

For some context we run 3 server, one of them is our own server on our own infra other 2 on GCP which GCP part cost more than 280. In general, our operations are a bit costly and can be reduced. Consideration with everything the reward from delegation is not enough from the looks of it so I support that. Drop of quality of nodes is not healthy for the network while the issue with the higher rewards also needs to be enforced because the majority of node operators do to best to maximise their profit. This result with them going for the cheapest option. Centralization on that provider. All of that is hurting more than helping the chain when there is a load etc. not to mention centralization and other aspects.

Considering how the delegation program was handled I don’t think this kind of enforcement will happen so I am against the commission increase. Either way it’s not gonna help the network while we release more mina to not helpful nodes. This is lose/lose all the way.

1 Like