[Product Research Sketch] Mina For Anonymous DAO Voting

Hello.
I’m new to the Mina forum but I’ve been following the project since the early beginning. I’m CTO at AragonLabs and co-Founder at Vocdoni.io (project that was acquired by Aragon 1 year ago).

We are also working on a similar approach as the one described here by Evan and I’d like to share it in order to find possible collaborations and synergies. Our design follows mainly two big properties: “censorship resistance” and “gass-less voting”. Its not (yet) anonyous since this would require a level of recursivity, but that’s something Mina could probably solve.

Here you can find the details of our design (with a working PoC): Binding Execution on Ethereum with zk-Rollups

We are still making research on that design, it’s not final, there are some improvements that can be done. For instance, if we could verify ethereum storage proofs within a Snark (keccak256 + Ethereum Patricia Trie + RLP encoding) that would make the solution almost perfect.

For now we have implemented keccack256 (with Circom) in order to understand the number of constraints required by the circuit (some optimizations are still pending): GitHub - vocdoni/keccak256-circom: keccak256 hash implementation in Circom

We are also making research with Halo2, here our franchise proof anonymization circuit: GitHub - vocdoni/halo2-franchise-proof

Our current status is “research” and soon we’d like to go for a production ready solution. It would be great if we can work on that issue together if it makes sense for both of us. Or final objective is to build the infrastructure for making EVM DAOs governance gasless, censorship-resistance, anonymous and with binding execution (without subjective oracles nor optimistic approaches). If using Mina as L2 for voting makes sense, we would love to use it aswell.

In case you want to discuss something more in private, DM on this forum or twitter @wildp4u

8 Likes