Snapp Real World Use Cases? Voting

Hi Pete! I don’t live in Estonia. The country came to my mind because I always heard many great things from them and how they are welcoming to new technologies and blockchain:

Estonia may perhaps be the earliest adopter of distributed ledger technology at a governmental level. As early as 2007, even before the publication of the Bitcoin white paper, the Estonian government was already testing blockchain applications as part of a resolution to be resilient to outsider cyberattacks. e-Estonia, a government policy to facilitate citizen interactions with the state through the use of electronic solutions, has been testing and implementing blockchain in relation to public services for many years. So much so that blockchain is has been tested across a wide range of government services and data registries, such as the national health, judicial, legislative, security and commercial code systems, with plans to extend its use to other spheres such as personal medicine, cyber-security and data embassies. The Estonian government has harnessed the power of blockchain, which, by the very way it functions, is helping to save millions of lives and resources, while mitigating the potential manipulation of sensitive data (such as health data, intelligence information, legislation-related records, etc.) or smart devices (such as military machinery, hospital equipment, intelligent cars etc.).
The entire article can be found here.

Why spend your life waiting in line for a piece of paper that proves you are you? Governments must learn to provide public services as efficiently as Amazon sells books: no physical presence, no cost of application, no opening hours.

From the O1 side, once we have Snapps running, I think the next step would be to create the ability of communicating with Oracles to bridge the connection between Mina and their e-gov APIs.