Marketing Ideas for Mina Protocol

Would it be superficial marketing strategy to show MP as the greenest/ most sustainable blockchain ? Or would it be a honest and powerful way to improve the marketing about MP ?

Almost everywhere on the planet, the ecological criteria (protecting of natural resources) becomes increasingly decisive as an imperative to guide and evaluate decisions, plannings, organizations, actions, production systems, etc. Increasingly often this ecological criteria is push highlighted in social networks, in street demonstrations, in political discussions, in advertisements, in mainstream media, in social networks, in commercials, in documentaries, etc…

So, many people criticize and attack cryptocurrencies with the argument that blockchain technology consumes energy in an unecological/unsustainable way therefore they think using a blockchain is bad for the planet. This argument is strong and it persuades a lot of people. It is undeniable that “The Merge” of Ethereum is a good answer to decrease the strength of that argument. But the lightness of the Mina blockchain makes this one unique in its exceptional and huge ecological advantage : I am convinced that communication in favor of the Mina blockchain must insist and emphasize much more often and much more strongly that this blockchain is incomparable as the greenest <=> the lightest.

Lot of people out of crypto world doesn’t see directly the relationship between lightness and ecology, so it could be very useful to say and repeat : mina is today the only one truly sustainable blockchain. Is it “greenwashing” or “superficial marketing strategy” ? From my point of view, it’s not “greenwashing” but it’s rather to reinforce and to attract the attention on the real specificity of Mina compared to other blockchain projects including even Ethereum after “The Merge”.

Among others possibilities, the communication in favor of MP could perhaps include an improvement of Mina’s slogan (“Mina New Slogan Proposal”) to integrate this positive ecological dimension ?

When I arrive on the home page of https://minaprotocol.com/
I read this: “We are the world’s lightest blockchain, powered by participants. Using zero knowledge technology, Mina is creating the infrastructure for the secure, democratic future we all deserve.” For someone (= the very vast majority of people) who doesn’t understand what ZK technology is, the last sentence doesn’t say anything specifically different from what you would expect from a blockchain in general. A secure and democratic future is the obvious goal of S.Nakamoto’s invention. But it would be very powerful there to introduce the ecological dimension, for example like this: “Using zero knowledge technology, Mina is creating the [most sustainable] infrastructure for the secure, democratic future we all deserve.”

1 Like