Mina Protocol in other languages?

Thanks for the detailed response Emre. I think you have raised some good points, have put some comments below…

There is no way to exactly monitor and know what’s going on in these language-specific channels. Bad actors might be involved. You can’t make them official otherwise you need a full team to cover it.

Maybe we don’t actually need to create a discussion channel, just a read only channel controlled by MF that the text file / data /info is dropped into? Then from there the community can take it away and publish where-ever the like and they can easily link back to the original source document. True there is potential for bad actors, but that is the case. with or without.

I am talking about all these considering the few communities I know which are very big ones with +5000 users with the official regional team translating the stuff you mentioned.

That’s great for the Turkish community, but there are still large groups of people who aren’t being serviced with any information they can understand. I feel like with regular translated information other communities will grow, hopefully that is the long term objective?

The people interested in it mostly see it discuss it in the first few hours (maybe even get it wrong and make wrong assumptions) then when you publish the translated version they are not going to care.

I think this is a valid point, but it depends on the content… For eg something like a video for running a node, the question is asked multiple times a day in telegram and on discord. If there is a multi-language video that admins can point to, then it frees up time for other discussions and for them to help with other questions. Maybe even the source video file can be shared so other channels/communities can use it.

This still can be helpful for long term for new community members but then it comes down to User A translated the blog 1 and posted on his blog than user B translated the blog 2 posted on his own blog. Without foundation’s or 01 labs involvement and making it into the main cycle of publishing in an organized matter. It’s very unlikely going to be a high impact.

I think this may be true at an early stage, but personally for me the long term goal has to be to empower community members to become ambassadors and flag wavers to support the project, they just need the tools to do that.

2 Likes