Weekly #minatech Progress updates

Thanks for joining the discussion Andrea, I think that there are lots of suggestions in this thread… I have put my thoughts below

• what kind of updates would you be interested in?
    — All / Any. What drives a project forward is momentum - ie, news and developments. While I am sure there are lots of things going on behind the scenes atm from the outside there is little information filtering through.

• how technical of updates are most looking for? Or how in-depth should each line item be?

----- As @Trivo mentioned, if it can be explained easily then simple is best, but I don’t think we should be too scared of being technical either if there is no simple way to explain it.

Every tweet will be shared and end up on multiple timelines, bringing new people and ideas into the project. Even if someone can’t fully understand it they will still be reassured there are things happening.

• what medium is best for this? (Twitter, Discord, Youtube, Blog, etc)
    ---- All / Any medium is good. Short news should be tweeted and posted on Twitter and Discord / Telegram. I had an idea for a read-only category here Mina Protocol in other languages? - #5 by Pete (but maybe this is actually better suited to discord? ).

If there are bigger updates/news then blog posts can also be done if there is something interesting to say. There could be a monthly round up as a blog post of all the news from the previous month too.

The EcoSystem updates were good and I think in 6months time when the ecosystem is big enough to support it this might be worth starting again, but right now regular bite size news items on Twitter (as @lamps detailed) are more straightforward and easier to do.

As @sMgT mentioned, any tweet / blog post creates discussions and this will attract further interest in the project. I also think his idea of hearing from a different team member each time is excellent too, not only do you see more of the teams, it also shares the workload, so each team member only has to do it every so often.

I also think moving forward that there should be a condition on any grant awarded by MF or O1 to developers in the future that they publish weekly/bi-weekly or monthly updates (whatever is the most appropriate).

3 Likes